I just returned from a fantastic customer event in Toronto! We hosted nearly 30 HR professionals at our PeopleFluent Compensation Management Customer Summit at the timeless Fairmont Royal York Hotel, located in the center of Downtown Toronto.
This Summit was the first in a summer series of Compensation Management customer-focused forums, where PeopleFluent is hitting the road and visiting as many customers as possible in their respective cities and provinces across North America. This initiative was born out of an idea that enterprise clients and mid-sized companies had shared last year at our annual customer event, WISDOM.
PeopleFluent’s regional account manager, Manu Sharma, invited a strong group of local customers in financial services including Scotiabank, Bank of Montreal, PSP Investments, CPP Investment Board, Revera Inc., and CIBC Mellon to name a few. Our resident Compensation software gurus Tom Sykes and Teri Zipper who both have expertise helping organizations improve their compensation management practices shared the stage, discussing the current product strategy and future direction for our compensation solution. They provided tips and tricks to compensation managers for making the most of their investment, improve their processes and compensation planning, as well as a showcase of the latest software updates.
Our guests also enjoyed a presentation by Danielle Bushen, a partner at Kintonic Consulting Solutions. Her remarks – entitled “Compensation Analytics: Why Bother?” – revolved around three primary topics:
- Use analytics and compensation metrics to focus on the right elements of your total rewards and bonus strategy
- Explore some pitfalls and counterintuitive findings you could (should?) test for
- Help drive success in your employee compensation and benefits programs
Danielle also shared some perspective on the importance of understanding the size and shape of your workforce and how that relates to your overall Compensation strategy. Lastly, Danielle addressed the issue of gender and pay, specifically looking at how organizations are striving for increased global diversity and stronger gender parity.
We wrapped the day with a networking lunch and hands-on product “tune ups” by our infamous Pit Stop crew lead by Glizcel Ditto and Zoe Cooper-Surma. During these Pit Stop sessions, senior members of our Compensation Services team help customers make the tweaks they need to get their Compensation engine running better than ever. Our experts addressed a number of topics, including:
- Review your Current Compensation Cycles and Process: We can check on streamlining your processes and help update your cycles for better time and speed.
- Take Advantage of New Features: Have you taken advantage of the Compensation Command Center or provided your team with the enhanced Compensation Mirror functionality?
- New Deep Links: Go beyond Reporting – provide links from the Compensation Mirror to Analytics, Compensation Statements, and Ad-Hoc Reporting.
If you missed the Toronto event, don’t worry. We have two more Customer Summits scheduled in August and September:
- Minneapolis Compensation Regional Customer Summit
Schwan’s Corporate Headquarters
Thursday, August 24, 2017 from 9:30AM–2:00pm
- San Francisco Compensation & Performance Customer Summit
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 from 11:30AM–4:30pm
We hope to see you and other HR/Compensation professionals in Minneapolis and/or San Francisco!