Published: Nov 15, 2021Time to read: 8mins Category: Talent Mobility
Talent Mobility Tools Comparison 2021: Evaluating 5 Major Platforms
When talent mobility solutions started hitting the market, they quickly became a great way for leaders to recruit, retain, and reskill employees. In this new-ish product landscape, though, it might not be easy to find the best talent mobility solution for your needs. Don’t worry—we’ve done the research for you!
Before you consider licensing a talent mobility solution, it’s important to map out what your company needs from an overall talent mobility strategy and enterprise platform ecosystem (e.g. recruiting, succession, performance, and learning). This will help you determine which features are relevant to you and how they can help meet your talent development goals. Plus, which vendor has the background and integrative abilities you need.
You’ll find that many of the players in the talent mobility market come at internal mobility from a specific angle rather than holistically. For example, a company that sold a learning management system may get into the talent mobility market by spinning off technology that turns learning paths into career paths. Unfortunately, these providers cannot provide a comprehensive solution. Or, in other words, one that travels with the employee throughout their tenure with the company.
The reason this comprehensiveness is so important to the business is because we know how easy it is for an employee to look elsewhere for the opportunity. So, any crack in the system could lead your top talent right out the door. Consider this as you read on: a talent mobility strategy that serves as the underpinning to your HR stack can allow businesses to provide their employees with a true end-to-end employee experience.
In this article, we look at five of the main players and the unique capabilities they offer. Remember, on its own, technology alone won’t help you reap the benefits of talent mobility. Putting talent mobility into play requires a strategy that unites all HR solutions, ensuring that the employee experience is supported at every step of the way by technologies that work together.
1. PeopleFluent Talent Mobility
PeopleFluent Talent Mobility is an AI-powered internal talent marketplace that is democratizing career development by empowering employees to discover new career paths and opportunities at speed and scale, ultimately increasing engagement, optimizing learning, and reducing voluntary turnover and recruiting costs.
PeopleFluent Talent Mobility is foundational across the entire suite of PeopleFluent’s products. From recruiting and learning to performance and compensation, PeopleFluent has built talent mobility functionality and a shared and common skills taxonomy throughout all of its products. This cohesiveness immediately changes the way organizations approach talent management. It’s a true talent experience platform that aids in hiring, nurtures career growth, optimizes training, and builds a high-performing workforce.
This cloud-based SaaS platform seamlessly integrates with your core HRIS, ATS, LMS/LXP, and third-party learning resources—even if the talent solutions you currently have aren’t PeopleFluent. This creates a better user experience (UX) as users won’t need to jump through multiple screens/solutions. Other differentiating features of PeopleFluent Talent Mobility include:
- A universal skills taxonomy and approach to talent mobility: Organizations that choose to partner with PeopleFluent can expect to deliver an employee experience that stays with the employee throughout their journey with the company. Further, the business can clearly identify skills that they need to acquire, develop, and reward through a common skills taxonomy which cannot be achieved by piecing together technologies from separate providers.
- Custom career framework: For organizations that don’t have a defined career framework/architecture of skills mapped to roles, PeopleFluent can build it for them using AI and their historical employee and job description data. If they have poor job descriptions, the platform can still use AI and leverage market data to build their career framework/architecture.
- Learning content management and aggregation: The talent mobility tool targets the organization’s learning content (via LMS, LXP, third-party training, etc.) by mapping it to skills. Then, based on an employee’s career path or role aspirations, it delivers the right aggregated learning content to the employee—based on the skills gaps identified.
Below, we’ll look at how other HR tech providers have answered the market need for talent and internal mobility.
KEEP READING | ‘What Is Talent Mobility? Plus, What It’s Not!’
2. Degreed: Career Mobility Platform
Degreed Career Mobility is a tool designed to make skill-building and career development easier on employees and organizations. Degreed’s solution can help companies build internal talent marketplaces that directly tie upskilling to mission-critical work. It’s also a place where employees can showcase their strengths, achievements, and aspirations in a personal profile. And, they can check out opportunities they’re a good match for.
- Add opportunities directly in Degreed
- Search, browse, and explore who’s a good match
- Share opportunities with candidates you think are a good fit
- Track the performance of each opportunity posted
3. Gloat: Talent Agility
Gloat’s Talent Agility product uses AI matching technology to help employees build out their skills, experience, and career interests profile and get matched to internal opportunities.
Gloat’s Talent Agility platform touts the ability to automatically find the right talent from a single, global talent pool. The tool’s ‘Smart Matching’ feature helps prioritize internal talent, but easily taps into external and contingent sources as well.
- Goal setting and tracking
- Skills tracking
- Recruitment management
- Individual development plans
- Employee profiles and career development
The Talent Agility platform will help you align talent to business priorities while uncovering the skills and aspirations that exist in your organization today.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE | ‘3 Ways Workforce Analytics Can Future-Proof Your Organization’
4. Fuel50: FuelMobility™
FuelMobility™ is an AI-driven tool that’s designed to reduce turnover and increase retention through talent development and effective succession planning. Like most other talent mobility solutions on the market, Fuel50’s proprietary program gives employers insight into which existing employees are a potential fit for open roles within their organization.
- Find and evaluate any employee from an existing role with powerful skills gap analysis.
- Create and manage your pipeline by adding and re-evaluating candidates.
- Identify your best fits for any role within your team and discover their readiness at a glance.
- Filter candidates by the strength of fit against your role.
- Get notified of retention risks and take action before it’s too late.
Overall, this solution gives employers a way to uncover, define, and mobilize talent within their organization. It also provides employees a way to flag interest in open roles as well as future targeted positions.
MORE FROM THE BLOG | ‘Beyond Career Maps: How AI Facilitates Career Pathing at Scale’
5. Eightfold: Talent Intelligence Platform
Eightfold’s Talent Intelligence platform promises to help companies improve how they identify promising candidates, reach diversity hiring goals, retain top performers, and better engage talent.
- Faster time-to-hire
- More efficient recruiting
- Improved diversity hiring
- Reduction of employee turnover
Eightfold’s site mentions a built-in ‘capability matrix’ that helps managers hire based on capabilities. It also allows you to identify and fix skills gaps in order to help your employees succeed.
While many of these talent mobility solutions have similarities, it’s important to consider the company as a whole. First and foremost, ask yourself if the solution provider will be a good tech partner. Will they help you get the software onboarded? Do they have a history of offering good customer support? Overall, be sure to do your research before making a final decision on HR tech solutions.
PeopleFluent’s talent mobility solution provides a holistic answer to talent management and learning. With its ability to integrate with existing HR tech, our tool almost immediately becomes a central hub capable of housing:
- A talent marketplace that acts as a connector for recruiters and internal candidates with a focus on skills and competencies
- A data center that provides insights and analytics into skills, skills gaps, and workforce capabilities
- A contingent labor market for finding and commissioning internal talent to work on special assignments or stretch projects
- A learning center that enriches employee development, measures employee engagement and delivers training based on AI-generated recommendations to close skill gaps
With the right tech, your talent mobility program will offer employees, HR/L&D teams, and leaders a holistic and integrated experience.
Find out how PeopleFluent is uniquely positioned to help solve your talent mobility needs.
Start filling skills gaps while also providing your employees with a personalized approach to career development. Contact sales to learn more or request a demo to see it in action.